Friday, January 8, 2010

34 Weeks!!

I just wanted to write another update on what's going on with our little ones. They haven't arrived yet, first of all, which is a really good thing for them, but not so comfortable for me. I'm still in the hospital and it's officially been two weeks since I've been in here. I'm still having contractions every 10-20 minutes even with the drugs they are giving me that are supposed to wart them off. I don't want to be a whiner baby but I'm starting to go a little crazy. The past three days since Tyler hasn't been here to wheel me around in the wheelchair I haven't even left this little room!! It's becoming a bit prison like. I just needed to vent that for a minute. On the other hand, I am extremely grateful that these babies are still in me growing and getting healthier. I guess I never realized how much moms have to give up even before their children are born.
Now that I'm officially 34 weeks I could deliver the babies at Logan Regional, but the doctors here told me it would be hospital policy to transport me in an ambulance there, which I'm not sure I want to do. Plus I'd have to know for sure that my insurance would cover that expense otherwise it would not be worth it. I may just end up staying here to avoid all of that. According to the monitoring and ultrasounds they've done the past few days the babies are looking healthy and happy. By now they are both probably in the four pound range, which is good. I'd love it if they could bulk up a bit more and get into the five pound range before they are born but I don't think they'll make it there. Thanks again to family and friends for your prayers, support, visits, and phone calls. I'll try to keep updating my blog with any new information.

5 comments:

Coby & Ash said...

I'm SO SO glad you are hanging in there! Once they get here all this will be forgotten (crazy how that happens)! Again, let us know if we can do anything!

michael. mindy. dane. said...

Hey I just randomly found your blog through Logan's. I was interested because your post title was "34 weeks" and I am 34 weeks today! We're not having twins, but I love finding people who are in the same stage as me. Anyway, I got looking at your blog and realized that you guys are Putnmas and then realized that my husband when to high school with your husband. Small world! Anyway, how fun to be having twins! Congrats! I hope all goes well, and I hope you don't mind me looking at your blog!

Wynter said...

Wow that sounds like no fun! I having a not so fun pregnancy ( but no where near yours) can tell you that once they get here it takes all that away! Let me know if I can do anything for you! Good luck and I can't wait to meet them! (but keep em cooking for a little while longer) ;)

Mike and Corie said...

Great! that sounds like they are doing good. I am so happy that your babies are doing good. I am sorry you have to go through so much to get them here though. I can't imagine what it must be like to be in labor for 2 weeks. You are a viking! haha. I Love ya lyster.

Anonymous said...

Lyss this is great news! Ok, for those babies, not so much for you. You really deserve some sort of award for what you are going through right now...although seeing those sweet little ones for the first time will be an award in and of itself. :) Hang in there! It will all be worth it! Let me know if there's anything you need! Love ya!