Monday, April 27, 2009

Paint, Paint, Paint!


This is what our living room looked like before we started painting.
My mom thought the color looked like the bottom of a swimming pool.

Andrew and Tyler working hard.

My Uncle Brian and Aunt Yolanda were so nice to come and help.
Brian got all of the really tough spots. (That ladder is on the stairs)

My mom and dad really helped a lot!
Thanks again everyone who helped out.
It made the daunting job much less daunting.

Since we finished painting, Tyler and I (well mostly me) have been having fun decorating. It's much more fun to decorate when you have you're own home to decorate in rather that an apartment, which is all we've have had till now. We have a lot of projects we're going to try to get to this Summer. Unfortunately we won't be able to put in a sprinkler system and lawn until next Summer because of money, but there are plenty of other projects to keep us busy. I think our next purchase will be a grill, so we can invited friends and family up for a housewarming BBQ!
I couldn't fit all the pics in one entry so below are pics of what the paint looks like now.

6 comments:

...DAVE and KATHRYN... said...

The paint looks awesome! (along with the rest of the place--awesome kitchen!) Member how you're all grown up & bought a house?! So cool!! We're moving down to Utah for the summer & I wanna come see your place for sure! Love ya & miss you tons!

The Prices said...

looks awesome!!

Nikki said...

Love it!! Seriously you have the cutest house. Good job on all the decorating...it looks superb. Can't wait to come up for a housewarming BBQ! Love you

Sarah said...

Hey Tyler,

I just saw this and thougt it would blow your mind. If you have seen this before, just nod and act interested.
http://www.instructables.com/id/E7G7C7NZ2AEP286G73/
I'm sending the same to Zack.

Wynter said...

congrats on the house and other stuff ;) yay!

Melanie said...

Hey Lis...I just found your blog. I hope you don't mind if I read it. It looks like life is going great!