Sunday, January 27, 2008


Can you tell I was a little surprised?


Here's a picture of the tree house

This is one the pictures we needed for the scavenger hunt.
I miss Utah State campus! (kind of)


I decided that since there aren't too many new things happening in our lives at the moment, that I'd write about some of the fun things that have happened to us in the past. Tyler and I have a pretty fun engagement story. Tyler planned a fun group date that he invited me on, where we all met together at his apartment and then each couple went off on their own on a picture scavenger hunt with a list of different things you had to take pictures of each other doing. For example, getting a picture with a Walmart employee, standing on the Aggie A, or for a challenge carving your names in a tree house. Tyler told me that he knew some people with a tree house who wouldn't mind if we vandalized their tree. So we drove to the house with the tree house and Tyler buzzed up to the very top of it as soon as we got there (there were three tiers), and I wondered why he was in such a hurry and why he didn't help me up. (he was really nervous) Finally I reached the top myself and I asked him where he wanted to carve our names. He pointed to a spot on the tree and said "how about right here?" On the tree it said "Alyssa will you marry me?" Oh course I freaked out and had a hard time catching my breath because I was so surprised. He got on his knee and asked me again, and I didn't know what to do so I joined him on my knees, and then quickly got back up realized how stupid I looked. I could tell Tyler was getting nervous because I hadn't said yes yet, because I was so caught off guard, but finally I said yes. Tyler had our first date dinner hidden in the tree house, but I had such a hard time eating because I was so excited and surprised. Here are a few pictures of that day, and one of the day it let up to.

2 comments:

Hannah Cobabe said...

I love that you wrote the story down. That is so fun and cute! Way to go Tyler. I have never heard the whole thing. We miss you in Logan. Move back.

PS Andrew is totally jealous of your Simpson's characters. How did you do them so cool?

Wynter said...

I remember that day, it was really exciting to know what was goin on, and how you had no clue... I just wish I was there to see your face when he pointed at the tree!
Oh and your place is really cute, I hope things are going really well for you two. =)