Friday, March 11, 2011

Please come soon Spring!

I haven't updated this blog in awhile and the kids are sort of napping right now and by sort of I mean they are in their beds but I can still hear them talking. Anyway I thought it was a good time to put down some words for once on this thing.

It's been quite a long winter this year and I've had the winter blues lately, feeling lonely trapped in my house all day. Last winter was harder in many ways, namely not getting any sleep, feeling so out of shape that I couldn't even sweep the floor without getting tired and just not having any other time to do anything but take care of twins. I've had a little more time this winter to workout and keep the house up, but I've kind of been a hermit in my own home. Honestly there are times when I don't even walk out of my house for days. I know that I need to find some hobbies so that I don't end up feeling this way every winter but I'm the kind of person who gets really into something for a little while and then gets bored and moves on to something else never really getting great at anything. Ezra and Zoe got RSV a couple weeks ago and that was quite a challenge. The only thing that I really enjoyed through it all was that fact that Ezra wanted to cuddle all day. There is something about a little one resting their head on your shoulder that just makes you feel so special. I'm glad we are past that and hoping we can avoid any more sickness through Spring. I don't normally complain on this blog but I just figured that someday I can look back on this and appreciate all the things I learned from being a mom.

Since I've been cooped up most of the winter I've gotten kind of addicted to certain t.v. shows. Don't make fun but recently it's been 'Vampire Diaries' and I just finished the fourth season of 'Friday Night Lights'. I loved Friday Night Lights! I thought it was all about football so I was never really interested but there is actually lots drama and romance, which I can never get enough of on television:) The first four seasons are on Netflix so my poor laptop has gotten a workout the past few weeks. See what I mean though, I need hobbies other than getting SO into a television show that I forget about my own life.

I started a new workout recently that I've been able to stick to for the past few weeks. Tyler and I order the Power 90 workout videos and I'm going to do it for the 90 days and then hopefully be in good enough shape to do P90X. We shall see....

I haven't loaded any of the new photos I've taken of the kids yet so no photos this time but soon perhaps. It's a lot harder to take pictures of them lately because they won't sit still unless they are eating or sleeping.

Sorry about all of the complaining on this post, and happy soon to be Spring everyone!!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Bring on Spring!!
It's really hard to be indoors all day and I'm getting really excited for warm weather so I can take my kids for walks and play at the park and all those fun out door things I've missed because of stupid winter.
This goes no father than your post, but I'll confess that I've been watching Vampire Diaries, too. I'm completely bummed that it's reruns right now, though I should just be happy to be away from the TV for awhile. That TV sure does suck me in!

Sarah said...

HA! I just reread my post! I said father instead of farther! Hehe!

Mike and Corie said...

You are doing great! I feel like I complain ALL the time, but I realized that sometimes just venting really relieves the frustration that you're feeling! The other day was a sunny day and Mike and I actually were able to go outside for like an hour. I can not believe how happy it made me feel! ha ha. I thought how funny that something simple like enjoying the sun could make me SO SO happy, but seriously when you get locked up in your house, it does something to you! I can relate! and EW the yucky sicknesses. BOO. I hate IT. Seppi was really sick for a while too, and the snuggling was probably the thing that got ME through it.
I think You're great! and I miss you a lot!
You Go girl, I've heard power 90 is awesome, but have never tried it. Let me know what you think. I've done p90x its HARD!!! but So GOOD! I really benefitted from doing it! (I need to do it again! YIKES!!)

Nikki said...

Lissy,

I wish that you would call me or something. Sometimes I feel like we are going through the same things! I get the blues all the time. I just wish we could do it with each other. Don't ever feel like you can't call me or anything...I know you have other friends and what not, but I would love to see you!
I miss you. You aren't complaining at all. You don't even want to know what I do to pass time...it involves the computer and blogs...ugh, I waste so much time.
Love you cousin